Bondi Electric Bike
The new 2021 Disc Brake equipped Dyson Bikes Bondi electric bike is a further evolution of the ever popular Bondi model first launched back in 2014.
The new frame design features an integrated rack welded to the frame allowing for the fitment of powerful hydraulic disc brakes.
The rack supports the rear mudguard for more secure fit over the 2019 model.
To handle the extra stopping power of the hydraulic disc brakes the front fork has been redesigned with extra strength.
To improve stability of the bike when parked a spring has been fitted between the fork and frame to help keep the front wheel in check.
The integrated lighting now has a brake light function, the rear light will flash when the brakes are applied.
The hand grips are a new ergonomic, lock on design for extra comfort.
A drink cage mount has been added to the back of the seat tube for mounting accessories, in particular the ETook plate lock, pump of other accessories.
The running gear has been upgraded with a Shimano Altus derailleur and Shimano cassette, (previously a screw-on freewheel) with taller gearing for a lower cadence.
Some of the things you'll love:
- Designed for ultimate comfort with an upright riding position and step through European design frame.
- Our handle bars and seat height are adjustable to tailor the bike to your exact size.
- Thumb throttle - our favourite!
- The super comfortable 22cm wide sprung seat comes as standard.
- It's quiet as a mouse! The high torque motor is super quiet and strong. and power assist levels that really allow the rider to feel every burst of power, the Bondi will not disappoint.
- Ride even further! The battery is available in 11.6Ah or optional 15Ah capacity for those ready to tackle longer rides (Riding in level 1 with the 15Ah battery will give you up to 7 hours of riding!)
- Dyson Bikes unique software - enjoy a wide range of power assist levels (1-6) - you have the option of as little as 70 Watts of assist in level 1 with both pedal assist or throttle control and this gradually increases to the full 200 Watt mode in level 5. Level 6 offers you the option to ride with power on command, pedalling won't activate the motor, but when you need some help you can twist the throttle and go.
Want to make your bike stand out from the crowd?
Looking for something a little different? No problem, we're happy to fit unique parts to your new electric bike to suit your riding style, like the basket and child seat shown in some of the images above, (please note these accessories are available at additional cost).
Maintenance and Spare Parts:
We stock a range of spare parts if needed. For your peace of mind we cover all our bikes for 12-months and this includes all components. Some terms and conditions apply and, if you register your electric bike with us within the first 90 days of purchasing, we'll double the warranty period (giving you 24 months on electric components, (motor, battery, display and controller) and 5-years on the frame.
As with regular bicycles, some maintenance is required to ensure your new e-bike continues to perform as it is intended to. The electric system is maintenance free beyond ensuring you take care of the battery and keep it charged.
How much does it cost to ship?
Electric bikes are shipped by road freight around Australia and the cost is generally a flat $49, however we many need to charge an additional amount to ship to some rural or remote locations. Examples of these locations are ones outside of city locations or in areas such as rural Western Australia, Far North Queensland or the Northern Territory, typically $100-$150. If this is the case we will contact you to discuss, or feel free to contact us before placing an order.
Want to know anything else?
Try one today!
Riding an electric bike is fun and will make you feel like a kid again! We love being in this business - every time someone rides one of our e-bikes they come back extremely happy and revitalised - It is a unique experience that always far exceeds people’s expectations!
We also welcome you to come and try any of our range of electric bikes at our head office in Moorabbin in Melbourne’s South East, call us on 03 9532 3132 to book a suitable time.
Customer finance with zipMoney
You know you want it now, so take advantage of zipMoney's great finance options. Apply online at checkout and make cycling fun again today!
What our customers say:
"I love that I can ride directly to work, in a skirt, on my Bondi e-bike and go straight to a meeting - no shower necessary!" Louise G.
"Your Five of the Best correspondent ended up buying a Dyson after test riding the cruisy treddly around Melbourne’s city streets." Wendy H. full review here.
"I picked up the bike, (Bondi II) on Saturday and it is awesome!" Catherine W.
The technical stuff:
- Battery: 11.6Ah (418Wh) or 15Ah (540Wh) 36-Volt Lithium-ion Panasonic Cells, rack mounted lockable with integrated rear light
- Charger: 2-amp C-tick approved, charge time approx. 6-8 hours from full discharge
- Motor: Dyson High torque brushless DC Hub motor, electronically limited to 200Watts
- Display: Back lit LCD, 7 levels of assist, (0 no assist, 5 PAS levels plus Throttle only mode) integrated throttle, battery charge indicator, trip functions.
- Lighting: LED front and rear powered from the main battery. Solid, flash and brake light function switchable from the display
- Assist Function: Pedal assist levels 1-5, Hand Throttle Levels 1-5 and H
- Gears: 7 Shimano Altus with Nexus twist shift and Shimano Cassette, Single 42T Front Chain wheel
- Wheels: Alex DM18 28” Alloy rims with 13G Stainless steel spokes
- Tyres: Kenda 700C, reflective side walls, K-guard puncture resistance and 'Slime' filled
- Fork: Heavy Duty Steel
- Mud and Chain Guards: Steel
- Rack: Frame Integrated
- Cadence Sensor: Enclosed type
- Seat: Comfort seat, alloy adjustable 27.2mm x 350mm seat post with quick release clamp
- Handlebars and Stem: Comfort 650mm swept, adjustable for height and reach
- Weight: 23.5kgs 11.6Ah model, 24kgs 15Ah including battery
- Brakes: Tektro - Hydrallic Disc with alloy levers featuring integrated power cut outs
- Kick stand: Heavy duty centre mount.
^The range on a full charge is affected by the assist level and many external factors, such as the weight of the rider, the terrain and winds.