Adventure Folding 26-inch Electric Bike
If you're looking for an electric bike - but are also short on storage space, then the Adventure Folding range is for you!
We just received, (20 October 2020) a fresh batch of the 26-inch folding bikes and many have already been shipped out to the Dyson Bikes Dealer Network. We have sold out of the Black version, but a handful of Orange remain. You may find one at your local dealer, give them a call to find out.
Featuring a Hard Tail design and powerful 250 Watt motor, this electric bike is ideal for just about anyone - it's discreet 'battery in frame' style looks like a regular bike, no-one need know you're on an e-bike :)
Finished in a satin black or matte orange colour with minimal graphics this e-bike is loved by all...what colour are you?
Things you'll love:
- Our Adventure Folding electric bike has a removable 11.6AH 36-volt lithium-ion battery pack cleverly integrated in the alloy frame.
- The battery can be easily removed in about 30 seconds - simply open the hinge, fold the e-bike and then slide the battery out. Charge the battery using the included 240V charger (either within the bike or once you've removed it) which features a Battery Management System.
- The motor is controlled by the inbuilt computer which senses the revolutions of the crank, so the faster you pedal the more it ‘helps’ you along by using the electric motor to spin the rear wheel for you. For your safety, the motor assistance cuts out as soon as you pull either brake level or stop pedalling.
- The major feature of this e-bike is that it easily folds for storage and transport. You do not need any special tools - you simply release the locking mechanism with your hands and then fold the bicycle! Once folded, the e-bike will fit easily in most vehicles.
- Our folding e-bikes are ideally suited to city commuters, apartment dwellers or travellers who like to store their bikes in their cars or vans.
The technical stuff:
- Battery: 11.6Ah (420Wh) 36-volt Lithium-ion Samsung Cells, weight 2.3kgs, frame mounted with keyed lock
- Range: Approximately 50-90kms, up to 5-hours on assist level 1^
- Charger: 2-amp C-tick approved, charge time approx. 6-8 hours from full battery discharge
- Motor: 250 Watt Brushless DC geared rear hub, rear mounting
- Assist Function: Pedal Assist
- Display: Back lit LCD, 7 levels of assist (0 no assist, 6 Pedal Assist)
- Frame: Folding Aluminium with rear suspension
- Gears: Shimano 7 speeds on rear with twist shift
- Wheels: Alex DP21 26-inch Double Wall Alloy rims with Stainless steel 13G spokes, front quick release
- Tyres: Kenda 26x2.1 with 'Slime' sealant for increased puncture protection, regular car tyre valve
- Cadence Sensor: Enclosed type
- Seat: Comfort seat, alloy adjustable 30.9mm x 350mm seat post with quick release clamp
- Handlebars and stem: Alloy swept handlebars with Alloy stem
- Front Forks: Suntour XCM 30, adjustable with lock out
- Kick stand: Alloy, centre mount
- Weight: 22kgs including battery (2.3kgs)
- Pedals: Folding VP brand
- Brakes: Tektro Disc type, cable operated with alloy levers featuring integrated power cut outs and bell
There's no such thing as a headwind on an electric bike!
^The range on a full charge is affected by many external factors, such as the weight of the rider, the terrain and winds.
We have a large range of accessories available to modify your new electric bike to suit your personality or style.
Maintenance and Spare Parts:
We stock a range of spare parts if needed. For your peace of mind we cover all our bikes for 12-months and this includes all components. Some terms and conditions apply. You can also register your new e-bike online with us to extend this warranty to 2 years for parts and 5 years on the frame.
As with regular push bikes, some maintenance is required to ensure your new e-bike continues to perform as it is intended to. The electric system is maintenance free beyond ensuring you take care of the battery and keep it charged.
How much does it cost to ship?
Electric bikes are shipped by road freight around Australia and the cost is generally a flat $49, however we many need to charge an additional amount to ship to some rural or remote locations. Examples of these locations are ones outside of city locations or in areas such as Western Australia, Far North Queensland or the Northern Territory, typically these locations are $100 - $150. If this is the case we will contact you to discuss, or feel free to contact us before placing an order.
Try one today!
Riding an electric bike is fun and will make you feel like a kid again! We love being in this business - every time someone rides one of our e-bikes they come back extremely happy and revitalised - It is a unique experience that always far exceeds people’s expectations!
We also welcome you to come and try any of our range of electric bikes at our head office in Moorabbin in Melbourne’s South East, call us on 03 9532 3132 to book a suitable time.
What our customers say:
"It's very rare these days to receive the level of service I experienced at Dyson Bikes. I am new to electric bikes, and there are many variables to consider. The owner, David, was very helpful and answered all my pedantic questions before my purchase. My 26" folding electric bike was delivered promptly and then follow up advice was offered by David. It's very comforting to deal with someone who is local. The communication before and after the sale has been brilliant. It is a great product, very well priced and the build quality is excellent. You will not find better customer service. Well done Dyson Bikes." Paul L.
"I feel as if I am 30 years younger riding this bike and it is easy and quiet. I do not need to add much power and love going up the hills" Lyndra E.
"I purchased this ebike as a gift for my wife. The delivery dispatch was so efficient that it arrived a week early for her birthday. We assembled it with ease in no more than 10mins. I have test ridden other ebikes that were twice the price and this one performs on par with the much dearer ebikes. Anyone in the market for an ebike should seriously checkout the Dyson range before spending a small fortune on something similar at a bike shop that's nearly twice the price. The folding aspect on this model is great for both storage and transport. The folding frame feels just as rigid as a non folding bike, a genuine feel of quality. Overall very happy with both the ebike and the level of customer service we have received thus far." Mick
"I am impressed by the quality of the bike – it feels as solid as the proverbial outhouse and rides really, really well." David C.
"We had a ride yesterday arvo & another this morning & we are totally rapt with them!" Ferg
"To say I am impressed with Dyson Bikes customer service is an understatement. Fantastic Dyson, and you Dave for your service excellence. I wish all companies had the same level of care, and attention to detail that you do" Greg