The Dyson Bikes Bondi II electric bike includes a new, larger display which features a USB port for recharging your iPhone or lights on the go.
The battery is now available in 11Ah or optional 15Ah capacity for longer rides.
On our second generation Bondi step through, the motor control software has been updated to provide a greater range of assistance options.
Our customers told us they really want to ride a bicycle, but there are occasions where that little boost would be great. With the Bondi II you now have the option of as little as 70 Watts of assist in level 1 with both pedal assist or throttle control gradually increasing to the full 200 Watt mode in level 5. Level 6 offers you the option to ride with power on command, pedalling won't activate the motor, but when you need some help you can twist the throttle and go.
For more on operation of the display check out this short YouTube clip by clicking here.
With less power output in lower levels this also greatly extends the range with up to 7-hours riding in level 1 with the 15Ah battery option.
The Bondi II ebike is designed for comfort with an upright riding position.
We have recently added a drink cage mount to the down tube so you can hydrate on the go.
Handle bars are adjustable for reach and the super comfortable 22cm wide sprung seat comes as standard.
The 350mm long seat post with quick release seat clamp adjustment allows for a great range of adjustment making the bike suitable for most riders.
With stylish European looks, adding finishing touches like the DAPU High torque motor and power assist levels that really allow the rider to feel every burst of power, the Bondi II will not disappoint.
Ride-on Magazine they rated our original Bondi overall with an impressive 85%. And importantly, 9/10 on Price! The Bondi II is all this and more!
- Battery: 11Ah or 15Ah 36-Volt Lithium-ion Panasonic Cells, rack mounted lockable with integrated rear light
- Charger: 2-amp C-tick approved, charge time approx. 6-8 hours from full discharge
- Motor: DAPU High torque brushless DC Hub motor, electronically limited to 200Watts
- Display: Back lit LCD with USB Charging port, 7 levels of assist (0 no assist, 5 PAS levels plus Throttle only mode), power meter, battery charge indicator, trip functions.
- Assist Function: Pedal assist levels 1-5, Hand Throttle Levels 1, 3-6.
- Gears: 7 Shimano Tourney with Shimano Mega-range freewheel 14/34T, Single 42T Front Chain wheel
- Wheels: Alex DM18 28” Alloy rims with 13G Stainless steel spokes
- Tyres: Kenda 700C with reflective side walls
- Fork: Steel
- Mud and Chain Guards: Steel
- Rack: Alloy with luggage strap included
- Cadence Sensor: Enclosed type
- Seat: Comfort seat, alloy adjustable 27.2mm x 350mm seat post with quick release clamp
- Handlebars and Stem: Comfort 650mm swept, adjustable for height and reach
- Brakes: Tektro - Rim type, cable operated with alloy levers featuring integrated power cut outs
- Kick stand: Heavy duty centre mount.
^The range on a full charge is affected by the assist level and many external factors, such as the weight of the rider, the terrain and winds.
Looking for something a little different?
No problem, we're happy to fit unique parts to your new electric bike to suit your riding style, like the basket and child seat shown in some of the images above, (please note these accessories are available at additional cost).
Maintenance and Spare Parts:
As with regular bicycles, some maintenance is required to ensure your new e-bike continues to perform as it is intended to. The electric system is maintenance free beyond ensuring you take care of the battery and keep it charged.
Electric bikes are shipped by road freight around Australia and the cost is generally a flat $45, however we many need to charge an additional amount to ship to some rural or remote locations. Examples of these locations are ones outside of city locations or in areas such as rural Western Australia, Far North Queensland or the Northern Territory, typically $100-$150. If this is the case we will contact you to discuss, or feel free to contact us before placing an order.
Try one today!
Riding an electric bike is fun! It is a unique experience that always far exceeds most people’s expectations!
Ready to buy? We have a national dealer network so you're certain to find a store near you - take a look at our 'Where to Buy' page or order for delivery to your door anywhere else by ordering online.
We also welcome you to come and try any of our range of electric bikes at our head office in Mulgrave in Melbourne’s South East, call us on 03 9503 8880 to book a suitable time.
Customer finance with zipMoney
Don't wait, apply for our customer finance with zipMoney. Most applications are approved within 5-10 minutes and zipMoney connects with Dyson Bikes so you don't have to share your information.
What our customers say:
"I picked up the bike, (Bondi II) on Saturday and it is awesome!" Catherine W.
"I love that I can ride directly to work, in a skirt, on my Bondi e-bike and go straight to a meeting - no shower necessary!" Louise G.
"Your Five of the Best correspondent ended up buying a Dyson after test riding the cruisy treddly around Melbourne’s city streets." Wendy H. full review here.