Do you say no to going for a ride with your family, friends or hubby? Is the thought of 'getting back on the bike' just too much after so many years off it? Well, take our gorgeous European inspired Bondi e-bike for a quick ride and you'll never say no again. Feel right at home on the bike paths along Bondi, St Kilda, Port Douglas or Freemantle beaches as you breeze past others on their 'non pedal assist' pushies.
Take a look at what other Bondi owners have to say:
"I love that I can ride directly to work, in a skirt, on my Bondi e-bike and go straight to a meeting - no shower necessary!" Louise G.
"Your Five of the Best correspondent ended up buying a Dyson after test riding the cruisy treddly around Melbourne’s city streets." Wendy H. full review here.
Some of the things you'll love:
Designed for ultimate comfort with an upright riding position.
We have added a drink cage mount to the down tube so you can hydrate on the go - and not have to take your eyes off the road.
Our handle bars and seat height are adjustable to tailor the bike to your exact size.
The super comfortable 22cm wide sprung seat comes as standard.
It's quiet as a mouse! The DAPU high torque motor is super quiet and strong. and power assist levels that really allow the rider to feel every burst of power, the Bondi II will not disappoint.
The large easy to use display features a USB port for recharging your phone or lights on the go. It's super easy to use - check out our short YouTube clip.
Ride even further! The battery is available in 11Ah or optional 15Ah capacity for those ready to tackle longer rides (Riding in level 1 with the 15Ah battery will give you up to 7 hours of riding!)
A wide range of power assist levels (1-6) - you have the option of as little as 70 Watts of assist in level 1 with both pedal assist or throttle control and this gradually increases to the full 200 Watt mode in level 5. Level 6 offers you the option to ride with power on command, pedalling won't activate the motor, but when you need some help you can twist the throttle and go.
The Bicycle Network rated our original Bondi with an impressive 85%. And importantly, 9/10 on Price! The Bondi II is all this and more!
The technical stuff:
- Battery: 11Ah (400Wh) or 15Ah (540Wh) 36-Volt Lithium-ion Panasonic Cells, rack mounted lockable with integrated rear light
- Charger: 2-amp C-tick approved, charge time approx. 6-8 hours from full discharge
- Motor: DAPU High torque brushless DC Hub motor, electronically limited to 200Watts
- Display: Back lit LCD with USB Charging port, 7 levels of assist (0 no assist, 5 PAS levels plus Throttle only mode), power meter, battery charge indicator, trip functions.
- Assist Function: Pedal assist levels 1-5, Hand Throttle Levels 1, 3-6.
- Gears: 7 Shimano Tourney with Shimano Mega-range freewheel 14/34T, Single 42T Front Chain wheel
- Wheels: Alex DM18 28” Alloy rims with 13G Stainless steel spokes
- Tyres: Kenda 700C with reflective side walls
- Fork: Steel
- Mud and Chain Guards: Steel
- Rack: Alloy with luggage strap included
- Cadence Sensor: Enclosed type
- Seat: Comfort seat, alloy adjustable 27.2mm x 350mm seat post with quick release clamp
- Handlebars and Stem: Comfort 650mm swept, adjustable for height and reach
- Brakes: Tektro - Rim type, cable operated with alloy levers featuring integrated power cut outs
- Kick stand: Heavy duty centre mount.
^The range on a full charge is affected by the assist level and many external factors, such as the weight of the rider, the terrain and winds.
Want to make your bike stand out from the crowd?
Looking for something a little different? No problem, we're happy to fit unique parts to your new electric bike to suit your riding style, like the basket and child seat shown in some of the images above, (please note these accessories are available at additional cost).
Maintenance and Spare Parts:
As with regular bicycles, some maintenance is required to ensure your new e-bike continues to perform as it is intended to. The electric system is maintenance free beyond ensuring you take care of the battery and keep it charged.
How much does it cost to ship?
Electric bikes are shipped by road freight around Australia and the cost is generally a flat $49, however we many need to charge an additional amount to ship to some rural or remote locations. Examples of these locations are ones outside of city locations or in areas such as rural Western Australia, Far North Queensland or the Northern Territory, typically $100-$150. If this is the case we will contact you to discuss, or feel free to contact us before placing an order.
Want to know anything else?
Try one today!
Riding an electric bike is fun and will make you feel like a kid again! We love being in this business - every time someone rides one of our e-bikes they come back extremely happy and revitalised - It is a unique experience that always far exceeds people’s expectations!
We also welcome you to come and try any of our range of electric bikes at our head office in Moorabbin in Melbourne’s South East, call us on 03 9503 8880 to book a suitable time.
What our customers say:
"I picked up the bike, (Bondi II) on Saturday and it is awesome!" Catherine W.
"I just love that I can now keep up with my husband whilst riding the rail trails or between wineries :)." Jenny D.