Hard Tail Evo 8 speed Electric Bike
The all new Hard Tail Evo 8 speed electric bike gives you the power and freedom to go anywhere! Easily the best value and quality e-bike Australia has to offer!
Take a test ride at your local electric bike shop to see why.
The Dyson Bikes Hard Tail Evo electric bike has been recognised for its quality and performance since 2014 when it was recommended by Choice magazine (back when they still reviewed e-bikes). We've got some great reviews at the bottom of this page - take a look now.
With a standard gel seat, comfort ergo grips and larger platform pedals this e-bike provides all the comfort you'll need, no matter the distance you're riding.
Ride an electric bike and arrive exhilarated and energised - before your morning coffee :).
Some of the things you'll love:
- Comfort riding with its upright seating position (with new gel seat) and higher and wider handlebars.
- It's super quiet! The high specification motor is quieter, stronger and is fitted with a Shimano cassette providing a crisper gear shift and reliability.
- No-one knows you're riding an electric bike! Our unique design integrates the 11 or 15Ah capacity battery in the frame design for a smooth, clean look.
- 27.5-inch Weimann Alloy rims fitted with oversize Kenda tyres make the Evo suitable for mixed surfaces, from paved roads to dirt tracks.
- Our custom software gives this e-bike a wider range of assistance: from the mild mannered performance of just 70 Watts in assist level 1 steadily building through to the hill flattening ability in level 6 all at the push of a button. All modes provide assistance up to the legal limit of 27 kph. The other benefit of the ultra low power mode is extended running time, with a minimum of 5-hours assistance in level 1.
- Don't just take our word for it, Jane D'Arcy of the Sydney Morning Herald compared the Hard Tail Evo to the BH Easy Motion Evo 650B and wrote, "That's where the Dyson appeals - when it comes to quality and cost, it's doing really well. The Verdict: Dyson is a Melbourne-based company making good bikes at great prices". Read the full article here.
Maintenance and Spare Parts:
We stock a range of spare parts if needed. For your peace of mind we cover all our bikes for 12-months and this includes all components. Some terms and conditions apply and, if you register your electric bike with us within the first 90 days of purchasing, we'll double the warranty period (giving you 24 months on electric components, (motor, battery, display and controller) and 5-years on the frame.
As with regular push bikes, regular maintenance is required to ensure your new e-bike continues to perform as it is intended to. The electric system is maintenance free beyond ensuring you take care of the battery and keep it charged.
Looking for something a little different?
No problem, we're happy to fit unique parts to your new electric bike to suit your riding style. Browse our accessory section for unique components to enhance your new e-bike, from alloy pedals to lightweight handlebars we have you covered.
How much does it cost to ship?
Electric bikes are shipped by road freight around Australia and the cost is generally a flat $49, however we many need to charge an additional amount to ship to some rural or remote locations. Examples of these locations are ones outside of city locations or in areas such as Western Australia, Far North Queensland or the Northern Territory, typically these locations are $100 - $150. If this is the case we will contact you to discuss, or feel free to contact us before placing an order.
Want to know anything else?
Try one today!
Riding an electric bike is fun and will make you feel like a kid again! We love being in this business - every time someone rides one of our e-bikes they come back extremely happy and revitalised - It is a unique experience that always far exceeds people’s expectations!
We also welcome you to come and try any of our range of electric bikes at our head office in Moorabbin in Melbourne’s South East, call us on 03 9532 3132 to book a suitable time.
What our customers say:
"Great bikes at a very good price relative to other electric bike brands. I've had the Hard Tail Evo for over a year now and use it every weekday for my commute to work. Its a bit of an investment, but only about a years worth of public transport fees, and I'd rather be on a bike than a tram any day! A normal bike wasn't a great option for me because I'd work up a sweat in 5 mins, which I don't want heading into work. Everybody likes the look of the Hard Tail Evo too. The way the battery is mounted looks a lot better than other e bikes. Good battery life, no problems after a year of daily use." Matt B
"We just bought an Evo and a Bondi in Canberra. Rode the Evo home...amazing...looking forward to using it more and more." Robert
"Having a bad knee and living in the hills of the Dandenongs the Dyson E bike has given me a new lease on life. I can't walk more than 1km without limping but I can ride for over 20kms with no pain. Living in a hilly environment was impossible for me to ride a standard Mountain bike, not with the E-bike, rode down the Mountain into Ferntree Gully the other day and made it home without needing to get off the bike, except for a coffee at the local cafes." Carmen B
"I have had my Hard Tail Evo for over a year now and it works as a bike should, and more! The build quality is outstanding and it has lasted me over 3500 km+ to the city and back for university studies." Hoppypolo
"I ride mine to work everyday and I love it. As for traffic I can get home quicker than in the car- just LOVE my electric Dyson bike." Sara B
"Thanks so much - I'm loving the new bike. My only issue is that my wife tried it and now she always wants to borrow it!" Tim F.
"I wish my new car with it's hopeful fuel economy figures were as good as the battery life on the Hardtail. Well done, I do like the bike and reckon it's the best I've seen at any price." Russell B.
"Just had the Bike delivered today and rode it about 15km around the city, to the store and everything and I am beyond impressed. The bloke said it'd blow me away, and it certainly did. I barely had to do anything and it was pushing 20km/ph. Now THAT is phenomenal. A VERY smooth ride and the motor is so quiet you'd never know it's there. Thank you for an INCREDIBLE product. The Hardtail is an absolute pleasure to ride." Cole S.
The technical stuff:
- Battery: 11Ah (400Wh) or optional 15Ah (540Wh extra cost) 36-Volt Lithium-ion Panasonic Cells, Frame mounted lockable weight 3.4kgs for 11Ah
- Range: Approximately 40-80+km on the 11Ah or 60-100+km with optional 15Ah battery, ride for 5+ hours in assist level 1
- Charger: 2-amp C-tick approved, charge time approx. 6-8 hours from full battery discharge
- Motor: 250 Watt continuous power, DC brushless geared rear hub
- Assist Function: Pedal Assist
- Display: Back lit LCD with 7 levels of assist (0 no assist and 6 PAS levels), power meter, battery charge indicator, trip functions
- Gears: 8 speed Shimano Altus with Shimano cassette 12-32T, Single 46T Front Chain wheel
- Wheels: Weimann Dyno E40 27.5” (650B) Alloy rims with angled spoke holes and fitted with Pillar Stainless steel spokes to greatly reduce the risk of spoke breakage.
- Tyres: Kenda 2.1 Tyres with 'Slime' sealant for increased puncture protection, front quick release
- Cadence Sensor: Enclosed type
- Seat: Comfort gel seat, alloy adjustable 30.9mm x 400mm seat post with quick release clamp
- Handlebars and Stem: Alloy 660mm riser swept, 70mm stem
- Front forks: Suntour XCT
- Weight: 24.9 kgs including 11Ah battery (3.4kgs)
- Cage mount: Studs to mount fabric brand drink bottles near handlebars and mount on seat tube
- Pedals: VP Platform
- Brakes: Tektro - 180mm disc rotor, hydraulic operated with alloy levers featuring integrated power cut outs
- Great size bike for riders over 5 foot 5". If you're a bit on the shorter side - take a look at the Mixte (our other dream ride)
- Kick stand: Heavy duty centre mount.
^The range on a full charge is affected by the assist level and many external factors, such as the weight of the rider, the terrain and winds.