Hard Tail Evo RTC
The RTC (Rail Trail Commuter) electric bikes are the top of the line from Dyson Bikes. With luxury features and premium upgrades to make every ride feel luxurious and well, perfect. Don't just take our word for it, read the reviews below :)
With an extra large 15Ah battery, hydraulic disc brakes, mudguards, integrated lights and quality rear rack straight out of the box, our RTC models are in high demand - we just can't keep up!
Some of the things you'll love:
- The extruded aluminium mudguards are so strong and will last forever...no plastic that will quickly become brittle under the Australian sun!
- Integrated lighting with various modes of flash or constant - and when you brake the rear light will flash quickly - notifying those behind you of your speed reduction...we may just be the ONLY bike in Australia that does this :)
- Awesome quality rear rack designed for panniers - and in particular the Ortlieb range - so there's no extra rattle.
- Relaxed riding with an upright seating position and higher and wider handlebars.
- The Evo's high specification motor is quieter, stronger and is fitted with a Shimano cassette providing a crisper gear shift and reliability.
- You can charge portable devices on the go (such as your mobile or camera) using the USB charge port located in the LCD display.
- Our discreet 'battery in the frame' design and super quiet motor means no one need know you're riding an e-bike!
- 27.5-inch Weimann alloy rims fitted with oversize Kenda tyres makes any ride comfortable - from paved roads to dirt tracks.
- Ride further - Packed with 50 high quality Panasonic 18650 cells you have 15Ah capacity - giving you over 100km of range.
- Our custom software gives the rider the choice to ride with various assistance levels - from the mild mannered performance of just 70 Watts in assist Level 1, steadily building through to the hill flattening ability in Level 6 all at the push of a button. All modes provide assistance up to the legal limit of 27 kph. The other benefit of the ultra low power mode is extended running time, with a minimum of 7-hours assistance in level 1.
- Our warranty - On registration of your ebike with us we are pleased to extend the warranty coverage for private use from 12 to 24-months on the electric components, (motor, battery, display and controller) and 5-years on the frame.
Maintenance and Spare Parts:
We stock an extensive range of spare parts if needed. For your peace of mind we cover all our bikes for 12-months and this includes all components. Some terms and conditions apply.
As with regular push bikes, regular maintenance is required to ensure your new e-bike continues to perform as it is intended to. The electric system is maintenance free beyond ensuring you take care of the battery and keep it charged.
Looking for something to make your e-bike stand out from the crowd?
No problem, we're happy to fit unique parts to your new electric bike to suit your riding style.
We have a large range of accessories available to modify your new electric bike to suit your requirements.
How much does it cost to ship?
Electric bikes are shipped by road freight around Australia and the cost is generally a flat $49, however we many need to charge an additional amount to ship to some rural or remote locations. Examples of these locations are ones outside of city locations or in areas such as Regional New South Wales, Western Australia, Far North Queensland or the Northern Territory, typically these locations are $100 - $150. If this is the case we will contact you to discuss, or feel free to contact us before placing an order.
Want to know anything else?
Try one today!
Riding an electric bike is fun and will make you feel like a kid again! We love being in this business - every time someone rides one of our e-bikes they come back extremely happy and revitalised - It is a unique experience that always far exceeds people’s expectations!
We also welcome you to come and try any of our range of electric bikes at our head office in Moorabbin in Melbourne’s South East, call us on 03 9532 3132 to book a suitable time.
Customer finance with zipMoney
You know you want it now, so take advantage of zipMoney's great finance options. Apply online at checkout and make cycling fun again today!
What our customers say:
"I'm so happy I waited for the Hard Tail Mixte RTC to be released last week. With the lower seat and smaller frame it is the perfect size for a senior lady like me."
"Having a bad knee and living in the hills of the Dandenongs the Dyson E bike has given me a new lease on life. I can't walk more than 1km without limping but I can ride for over 20kms with no pain. Living in a hilly environment was impossible for me to ride a standard Mountain bike, not with the E-bike, rode down the Mountain into Ferntree Gully the other day and made it home without needing to get off the bike, except for a coffee at the local cafes." Carmen B.
"Very happy with my Hard Tail Mixte from Bicycle Centre Bendigo and the service and advice from the owner Brad! He fitted me to the right bike for my size and needs for which I am grateful! I originally wanted the Adventure folding bike but after riding it, and both the Evo and Mixte, we both agreed that the Mixte suited me best! My “virgin” ride this morning was very successful with the headwinds being no problem due to the excellent pedal assist! Also love the fact that Dyson is an Australian company sourcing quality parts to make a quality product at a good price! Very happy so keep up the good work!" Greg G.
The technical stuff:
Battery: 15Ah (540Wh) 36-Volt Lithium-ion Panasonic Cells, Frame mounted lockable weight 3.6 kgs respectively
Range: Approximately 120km^, ride for 7+ hours in assist level 1
Charger: 2-amp C-tick approved, charge time approx. 6-8 hours from full battery discharge
Motor: High torque 250Watt motor
Assist Function: Pedal Assist
Display: Back lit LCD with USB Charging port, 7 levels of assist (0 no assist and 6 PAS levels), power meter, battery charge indicator, trip functions
Gears: 9 speed Shimano Alivio with Shimano HG cassette 11-32T, Single 46T Front Chain wheel
- Extruded aluminium mudguards
- Integrated lighting to front and rear mudguards and rack
- Uniquely designed rear rack - developed for Dyson Bikes to fit a range of panniers - including Ortlieb
Wheels: Weimann Dyno E40 27.5” (650B) Alloy rims with angled spoke holes and fitted with Pillar Stainless steel spokes to greatly reduce the risk of spoke breakage.
Cadence Sensor: Enclosed type
Seat: Comfort gel seat, alloy adjustable 31.6mm x 350mm seat post with quick release clamp
- Tyres : Kenda 27.5 x 2.1 filled with 'Slime' tyre sealant
Riser Handlebars and Stem: Alloy 680mm swept, 70mm stem
Front forks: Suntour XCM 30 27.5-inch compatible, adjustable with lock out
Studs to mount fabric drink bottles near handlebars
Pedals: VP Platform
Brakes: Tektro - 180mm disc rotor Hydraulic with alloy levers featuring integrated power cut outs
Kick stand: Heavy duty centre mount.
Accessories:^The range on a full charge is affected by the assist level and many external factors, such as the weight of the rider, the terrain and winds.