Mixte 8 speed Electric Bike
The Dyson Mixte 8 speed electric bike is built to the same high specifications as the Hard Tail Evo - however with its lower top tube, smaller frame and slightly elevated handlebars - this e-bike is perfect for riders under 5 foot 5 in.
Currently out of stock, more arriving around the 27th of Jan 2020.
The Mixte's design retains the 'easy mount and dismount' of a traditional step through frame...the perfect unisex e-bike for city or trail riding!
Some of the things you'll love:
- Comfort riding with its upright seating position and higher and wider handlebars.
- Standard gel seat, comfort ergo grips and larger pedals.
- It's super quiet! The high specification motor is quieter, stronger and is fitted with a Shimano cassette providing a crisper gear shift and reliability.
- No-one knows you're riding an electric bike! Our unique design integrates the battery in the frame for a smoother, cleaner look.
- 27.5-inch Alex rims fitted with oversize Kenda tyres make the Mixte suitable for mixed surfaces, from paved roads to dirt tracks.
- Ride further - Packed with 50 high quality Panasonic 18650 cells you have the option of 11Ah of reserve capacity.
- You CAN exercise if you wish - With our custom software the bike has the ability to provide a wider range of assistance from the mild mannered performance of just 70 Watts in assist level 1 steadily building through to the hill flattening ability in level 6 all at the push of a button. All modes provide assistance up to the legal limit of 27 kph. The other benefit of the ultra low power mode is extended running time, with a minimum of 7-hours assistance in level 1.
We have a large range of accessories available to modify your new electric bike to suit your requirements.
Maintenance and Spare Parts:
We stock an extensive range of spare parts if needed. For your peace of mind we cover all our bikes for 12-months and this includes all components. Some terms and conditions apply and, if you register your electric bike with us within the first 90 days of purchasing, we'll double the warranty period (giving you 24 months on electric components, (motor, battery, display and controller) and 5-years on the frame.
As with regular push bikes, regular maintenance is required to ensure your new e-bike continues to perform as it is intended to. The electric system is maintenance free beyond ensuring you take care of the battery and keep it charged.
Looking for something to make your e-bike stand out from the crowd?
No problem, we're happy to fit unique parts to your new electric bike to suit your riding style. Browse our accessory section for unique components to enhance your new e-bike, from alloy pedals to lightweight handlebars we have you covered.
How much does it cost to ship?
Electric bikes are shipped by road freight around Australia and the cost is generally a flat $49, however we many need to charge an additional amount to ship to some rural or remote locations. Examples of these locations are ones outside of city locations or in areas such as Western Australia, Far North Queensland or the Northern Territory, typically these locations are $100 - $150. If this is the case we will contact you to discuss, or feel free to contact us before placing an order.
Want to know anything else?
Try one today!
Riding an electric bike is fun and will make you feel like a kid again! We love being in this business - every time someone rides one of our e-bikes they come back extremely happy and revitalised - It is a unique experience that always far exceeds people’s expectations!
We also welcome you to come and try any of our range of electric bikes at our head office in Moorabbin in Melbourne’s South East, call us on 03 9532 3132 to book a suitable time.
Customer finance with zipMoney
You know you want it now, so take advantage of zipMoney's great finance options. Apply online at checkout and make cycling fun again today!
What our customers say:
"I'm so happy I waited for the Hard Tail Mixte to be released last week. With the lower seat and smaller frame it is the perfect size for a senior lady like me."
"Having a bad knee and living in the hills of the Dandenongs the Dyson E bike has given me a new lease on life. I can't walk more than 1km without limping but I can ride for over 20kms with no pain. Living in a hilly environment was impossible for me to ride a standard Mountain bike, not with the E-bike, rode down the Mountain into Ferntree Gully the other day and made it home without needing to get off the bike, except for a coffee at the local cafes." Carmen B.
"Very happy with my Hard Tail Mixte from Bicycle Centre Bendigo and the service and advice from the owner Brad! He fitted me to the right bike for my size and needs for which I am grateful! I originally wanted the Adventure folding bike but after riding it, and both the Evo and Mixte, we both agreed that the Mixte suited me best! My “virgin” ride this morning was very successful with the headwinds being no problem due to the excellent pedal assist! Also love the fact that Dyson is an Australian company sourcing quality parts to make a quality product at a good price! Very happy so keep up the good work!" Greg G.
The technical stuff:
- Battery: 11Ah (400Wh) or optional 15Ah (540Wh extra cost) 36-Volt Lithium-ion Panasonic Cells, Frame mounted lockable weight 3.4
- Range: Approximately 40-80km on the 11Ah or 60-100km with optional 15Ah battery, ride for 5+ hours in assist level 1
- Charger: 2-amp C-tick approved, charge time approx. 6-8 hours from full battery discharge
- Motor: 250 Watt continuous power, DC brushless geared rear hub
- Assist Function: Pedal Assist
- Display: Back lit LCD with 7 levels of assist (0 no assist and 6 PAS levels), power meter, battery charge indicator, trip functions
- Gears: 8 speed Shimano Altus with Shimano cassette 12-32T, Single 46T Front Chain wheel
- Wheels: Weimann Dyno E40 27.5” (650B) Alloy rims with angled spoke holes and fitted with Pillar Stainless steel spokes to greatly reduce the risk of spoke breakage.
- Tyres: Kenda 2.1 Tyres with 'Slime' sealant for increased puncture protection, front quick release
- Cadence Sensor: Enclosed type
- Seat: Comfort seat, alloy adjustable 30.9mm x 400mm seat post with quick release clamp
- Handlebars and Stem: Alloy 660mm riser swept, 70mm stem
- Front forks: Suntour XCT
- Weight: 24.9 kgs including 11Ah battery (3.4kgs)
- Cage mount: Studs to mount fabric brand drink bottles near handlebars and mount on seat tube
- Pedals: VP Platform
- Brakes: Tektro - 180mm disc rotor, hydraulic operated with alloy levers featuring integrated power cut outs
- Kick stand: Heavy duty centre mount.
^The range on a full charge is affected by the assist level and many external factors, such as the weight of the rider, the terrain and winds.