Tilba Electric Bike
Since the launch of the Tilba it has gained a lot of love for it classic style and compact dimensions suited to the smaller rider.
For the 2021 model year the Tilba has evolved further.
The new frame design features an integrated rack welded to the frame allowing for the fitment of powerful hydraulic disc brakes.
The rear rack supports the rear mudguard for a more secure fit over the 2019 model.
To handle the extra stopping power of the hydraulic disc brakes the front fork has been redesigned with extra strength.
The integrated lighting now has a brake light function, the rear light will flash when the brakes are applied.
A drink cage mount has been added to the back of the seat tube for mounting accessories, in particular the ETook plate lock, pump of other accessories.
The running gear has been upgraded with a Shimano Altus derailleur and Shimano cassette, (previously a screw-on freewheel) with taller gearing for a lower cadence.
Some of the things you'll love:
- Designed for the style lovers and available in an acqua or cherry red.
- Ride in comfort with an upright riding position.
- Smaller frame - perfect for riders under 170cm, at it lowest position the seat is just 87cm from the ground.
- A drink cage mount on the down tube so you can hydrate on the go - and not have to take your eyes off the road.
- The super comfortable 22cm wide sprung seat comes as standard.
- It's quiet as a mouse! The 200w motor is super quiet and strong.
- Ride even further! The battery is available in 11.6Ah or optional 15Ah capacity for those ready to tackle longer rides (Riding in level 1 with the 15Ah battery will give you up to 14 hours of riding!)
- A wide range of power assist levels (1-5) - you have the option of as little as 35 Watts of assist in level 1 with both pedal assist or throttle control and this gradually increases to the full 200 Watt mode in level 5.
- Level H offers you the option to ride with the unique thumb throttle or to ride it with your own pedal power.
- The Tilba e-bike also features integrated lighting front and rear - powered from the main battery and a brake light.
Want to make your bike stand out from the crowd?
Looking for something a little different? No problem, we're happy to fit unique parts to your new electric bike to suit your riding style, like a basket and child seat (please note these accessories are available at additional cost).
Maintenance and Spare Parts:
We stock a range of spare parts if needed. For your peace of mind we cover all our bikes for 12-months and this includes all components. Some terms and conditions apply and, if you register your electric bike with us within the first 90 days of purchasing, we'll double the warranty period (giving you 24 months on electric components, (motor, battery, display and controller) and 5-years on the frame.
As with regular bicycles, some maintenance is required to ensure your new e-bike continues to perform as it is intended to. The electric system is maintenance free beyond ensuring you take care of the battery and keep it charged.
How much does it cost to ship?
Electric bikes are shipped by road freight around Australia and the cost is generally a flat $49, however we many need to charge an additional amount to ship to some rural or remote locations. Examples of these locations are ones outside of city locations or in areas such as rural Western Australia, Far North Queensland or the Northern Territory, typically $100-$150. If this is the case we will contact you to discuss, or feel free to contact us before placing an order.
Want to know anything else?
Try one today!
Riding an electric bike is fun and will make you feel young again! We love being in this business - every time someone rides one of our e-bikes they come back extremely happy and revitalised - It is a unique experience that always far exceeds people’s expectations!
We also welcome you to come and try any of our range of electric bikes at our head office in Moorabbin in Melbourne’s South East, call us on 03 9532 3132 to book a suitable time.
The technical stuff:
- Battery: 11.6Ah (418Wh) or 15Ah (540Wh) 36-Volt Lithium-ion Panasonic Cells, rack mounted lockable with integrated rear light
- Charger: 2-amp C-tick approved, charge time approx. 6-8 hours from full discharge
- Motor: High torque brushless DC rear mount hub motor, electronically limited to 200Watts
- Display: Back lit LCD with integrated thumb throttle, 7 levels of assist (0 no assist, 5 PAS levels plus Throttle only mode), power meter, battery charge indicator, trip functions.
- Assist Function: Pedal assist levels 1-5, Hand Throttle Levels 1-5.
- Gears: Shimano Altus with Nexus twist shift, Shimano 7-speed cassette, Single Front Chain wheel
- Wheels: Alex 26” Alloy rims with 13G Stainless steel spokes
- Tyres: CST 26 x 1.9 Black thread with reflective side wall with regular car type valve and 'Slime' filled tubes
- Fork: Steel
- Mud and Chain Guards: Steel
- Rack: Alloy intergated
- Cadence Sensor: Enclosed type
- Seat: Comfort seat, alloy adjustable 27.2mm x 350mm seat post with quick release clamp
- Handlebars and Stem: Comfort swept design
- Weight: 23.5kgs 11.6Ah model, 24kgs 15Ah including battery
- Brakes: Tektro - Hydraulic Disc with power cut outs
- Kick stand: Heavy duty centre mount.
^The range on a full charge is affected by the assist level and many external factors, such as the weight of the rider, the terrain and winds.