Our classic vintage styled electric bicycle, the Tilba, is the most stylish of our e-bikes! Perfect for getting you to work, the cafes, beach, or out with friends - you'll love every minute of riding this gorgeous bike.
The new 2019 update model has just arrived!
Riding a Tilba e-bike is guaranteed to make riding fun again!
Take a look at what other owners have to say:
"I cannot believe the difference in riding this bike. I don't dread getting up at 6 to go to work - I actually bounce out of bed now! :)" Georgine B.
"I love that I can ride directly to work, in a skirt, on my e-bike and go straight to a meeting - no shower necessary!" Louise G.
"Your Five of the Best correspondent ended up buying a Dyson after test riding the cruisy treddly around Melbourne’s city streets." Wendy H. full review here.
Some of the things you'll love:
Designed for the style lovers and available in an acqua or cherry red.
Ride in comfort with an upright riding position.
Smaller frame - perfect for females under 170cm, at it lowest position the seat is just 87cm from the ground.
A drink cage mount on the down tube so you can hydrate on the go - and not have to take your eyes off the road.
The super comfortable 22cm wide sprung seat comes as standard.
It's quiet as a mouse! The DAPU high torque motor is super quiet and strong.
Tilba's display features a USB port for recharging your phone or lights on the go. Never miss a call again!
Ride even further! The battery is available in 11.6Ah or optional 15Ah capacity for those ready to tackle longer rides (Riding in level 1 with the 15Ah battery will give you up to 14 hours of riding!)
A wide range of power assist levels (1-5) - you have the option of as little as 35 Watts of assist in level 1 with both pedal assist or throttle control and this gradually increases to the full 200 Watt mode in level 5.
Level H offers you the option to ride with the unique twist throttle or to ride it with your own pedal power.
The Tilba e-bike also features integrated lighting front and rear - powered from the main battery.
The technical stuff:
- Battery: 11.6Ah (418Wh) or 15Ah (540Wh) 36-Volt Lithium-ion Panasonic Cells, rack mounted lockable with integrated rear light
- Charger: 2-amp C-tick approved, charge time approx. 6-8 hours from full discharge
- Motor: DAPU High torque brushless DC rear mount hub motor, electronically limited to 200Watts
- Display: Back lit LCD with integrated thumb throttle, 7 levels of assist (0 no assist, 5 PAS levels plus Throttle only mode), power meter, battery charge indicator, trip functions.
- Assist Function: Pedal assist levels 1-5, Hand Throttle Levels 1, 3-6.
- Gears: 7 Shimano Tourney with Nexus twist shift, Shimano Mega-range freewheel 14/34T, Single Front Chain wheel
- Wheels: Alex 26” Alloy rims with 13G Stainless steel spokes
- Tyres: CST 26 x 1.9 with regular car type valve
- Fork: Steel
- Mud and Chain Guards: Steel
- Rack: Alloy, flat top
- Cadence Sensor: Enclosed type
- Seat: Comfort seat, alloy adjustable 27.2mm x 350mm seat post with quick release clamp
- Handlebars and Stem: Comfort swept design
- Weight: 23.5kgs 11.6Ah model, 24kgs 15Ah including battery
- Brakes: Tektro - Rim type, cable operated with alloy levers featuring integrated power cut outs
- Kick stand: Heavy duty centre mount.
^The range on a full charge is affected by the assist level and many external factors, such as the weight of the rider, the terrain and winds.
Want to make your bike stand out from the crowd?
Looking for something a little different? No problem, we're happy to fit unique parts to your new electric bike to suit your riding style, like a basket and child seat (please note these accessories are available at additional cost).
Maintenance and Spare Parts:
As with regular bicycles, some maintenance is required to ensure your new e-bike continues to perform as it is intended to. The electric system is maintenance free beyond ensuring you take care of the battery and keep it charged.
How much does it cost to ship?
Electric bikes are shipped by road freight around Australia and the cost is generally a flat $49, however we many need to charge an additional amount to ship to some rural or remote locations. Examples of these locations are ones outside of city locations or in areas such as rural Western Australia, Far North Queensland or the Northern Territory, typically $100-$150. If this is the case we will contact you to discuss, or feel free to contact us before placing an order.
Want to know anything else?
Try one today!
Riding an electric bike is fun and will make you feel young again! We love being in this business - every time someone rides one of our e-bikes they come back extremely happy and revitalised - It is a unique experience that always far exceeds people’s expectations!
We also welcome you to come and try any of our range of electric bikes at our head office in Moorabbin in Melbourne’s South East, call us on 03 9503 8880 to book a suitable time.